Mission & Ministry at Park Church
- Boy Scouts of America In 2017, Park Presbyterian Church continued to serve as the chartered organization for three Scouting units in the Seneca Waterways Council of the Boys Scouts of America (BSA): 1) Cub Scout Pack 138, 2) Boy Scout Troop 138, and 3) Venturing Crew 138.
- Christian Education Please see our Christian Education page for more information.
- Girl Scouts of the USA A program for girls 8-18 years old, Park Church is proud to host regular meetings of the organization.
- Adopt-a-Highway Church members and friends clean a section of Route 88 South, two times a year.
- Building Use We regard opening up our building to the community as one of our ministries. Please fill out and return to us a building use form if you are interested in using our building for your special event.
- Come-Unity Center Offers a thrift store and free lunch in Williamson and helps meet social/economic needs through Wayne County Rural Ministry.
- Emmanuel Free Lunch Program Free lunches served on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday each week. Also home to a Senior meal program on Fridays, and a clothing closet. Park Church provides funds raised through the "Souper Bowl of Caring" to the Emmanuel Lunch Program, and donates both clothing and items from our Mitten & Hat Tree. Many church members also volunteer at the lunches.
- Family Promise of Wayne County The mission of Family Promise is to help homeless and low-income families achievesustainable independence through a non-governmental, non-denominational community-based response.
- Foodlink Mobile Pantry Free food distribution on the 2nd Wednesday of every month, Wednesday-October.
- Laurel House A local comfort care facility scheduled to open 11/01/2018, for those in the late stage of life and their families.
- Mitten & Hat Tree Mittens, hats, and scarves - handmade or purchased - are hung on our tree on the lounge and given to those who need a little extra warmth during the colder months.
- MLK Day Celebration The day has been celebrated in Wayne County since its national inception in 1987 as a result of the leadership of Wayne Action for Racial Equality (WARE). Joined by numerous community partners, community leaders have organized the day to embrace Dr. King's dream of building social bridges that create community and recognize the need to enhance the lives of Wayne County's residents by overcoming the tragedy of discrimination and racism. Park Church has been proud to host this event for three years running.
- Newark Food Closet We support the ongoing ministry of Together-In-Christ's food closet by collecting items for the "Little Red Wagon" each Communion Sunday, and through our ongoing Book Sale, the proceeds of which go directly to the Newark Food Closet. Presbyterian Women also gather items for "Share Your Blessings" bags, which provide holiday meals.
- Prevention Committee Working with Newark Central Schools and the Newark community to explore prevention and reduction of drug addictions.
- Salvation Army Red Kettle Bell-ringing for fundraising from Thanksgiving through Christmas.
- Vacation Bible School One-week ecumenical free Bible school supported by Together-in-Christ (TIC) leadership council.
- Week of Hope A GROUP Workcamp hosted at Park Church for seven summer weeks. For more information, visit their website.
- visit people at home, in hospitals, and in nursing homes.
- send cards for various occasions, including sympathy, get well, birth, and congratulations.
- host coffee hour fellowship after each Sunday worship.
- host memorial services.
- deliver flowers after church services, lilies at Easter, and poinsettias at Christmas.
- assemble Christmas gift bags for those on the visitation list, and others.
- Building Minds in South Sudan Rochester-based organization building schools in Twic State.
- Heifer International Supports sustainable solutions to world hunger and poverty through gifts of animals and other empowerment programs. Youth make crafts in an after school program to sell at a Heifer Fair.
- Living Waters for the World provides sustainable clean water purification systems through mission partnerships. Park Church has a relationship with Mision Monte Horeb in Cedralito, MX (at partial capacity) and Mision Sinai in Limones, MX.
- PCUSA Mission Co-Workers Support of Rev. Nadia Ayoub serving the Roma communities in Carpath-Ukraine through early childhood education outreach programs.
- Stop Hunger Now Now known as "Rise Against Hunger," the program supports a mission to end global hunger by purchasing and packaging over 30,000 meals in a Community Event to feed the most vulnerable people around the world.
- Adult Choir Performs three Sundays per month.
- Adult Bell Choir Performs approximately one Sunday per month.
- Children's Choir Open to all Sunday School-aged children; performances at Easter and Christmas.
- Finger Lakes Bronze Community bell choir that pratices at Park Church.
- Youth Bell Choir
- CRU Mission Workers Support of Gabrielle Frawley's ministry at Syracuse University.
- Presbytery of Geneva West Virginia Work Camps Home repairs for needy people in WV.